If the kitchen is the heart of your home, your main bathroom may well be the place where you rejuvenate your soul. The options are endless with style, cabinet choice, stone, tile, shower or tub. Having an en suite bathroom is one of the top ten items people are looking for when they are buying or building a new home. Remodeling your largest bath will be a great investment for the future and will make you happy now.
A Personal Oasis Is Not A Dream
What if you could convert your bathroom into an in-home spa that not only will help to remove toxins from your body, rejuvenate your skin, refresh tired muscles after a workout and help you to sleep more soundly at night. Is this something that you would enjoy? A steam shower offers an easy button to convert your dreams into reality. Steam showers create a personal oasis in your home that provides an escape from the outside world. It is a space that you can call your own, devoid of texts and tweets, where you can literally wash away the stresses of the day.
Steam’s therapeutic benefits result from increasing the body temperature ideally to 100 – 103 degrees Fahrenheit. Increased body temperature occurs quickly in a steam bath. As body temperature rises, pores open and the body starts to sweat. Taking a cold shower after a steam bath causes pores to close.
The therapeutic benefits of steam bathing have been known for centuries. Several of the more common benefits of steam include:
- Reduced stress: The heat generated by a steam shower causes the body to release endorphins, also known as the “feel good” hormones, that help to reduce stress. Steam also helps decrease cortisol hormones that are released during stressful situations. Drops in cortisol levels make people feel more relaxed, in control and rejuvenated.
- Removes toxins: Nothing releases toxins from the body with the same precision as a steam bath. The soothing warmth opens pores, which lifts out impurities of everyday living. This is especially important to clients who may not exercise and/or perspire regularly. Sweating can remove up to 30% of a body’s toxins.
- Improved immune system: An increase in body temperature that results from sitting in a steam bath causes the body’s immune system to respond in the same manner as it responds to infections. The body produces more white blood cells and antibodies that serve to fight and destroy other germs in the body.
- Improved skin health and tone: Heat and steam change metabolism and blood flow for the better, nourishing skin and producing a healthy glow.
- Improved respiration: Steam opens airways in the lungs, helping to improve the respiratory function of those who suffer from allergies, asthma, sinusitis and some strains of bronchitis.
- Improved sleep: Steam bathing promotes a better night’s sleep. While in the steam room, body temperature increases. After the bath body temperature returns to normal, causing rapid eye movement to increase significantly. This results in more people waking up more refreshed and alert.
- Relaxed muscles: Steam baths generate heat, which helps aching muscles to relax, widening blood vessels, allowing more oxygen to flow through them and in turn easing tension. The heat generated by steam causes the whole body to retreat into an inner sanctum, which is why steam baths are perfect for those who suffer from arthritis, consistent muscle pain, joint pain or soreness after a workout.
- Environmentally efficient: They conserve more water than a regular shower or bath. Steams systems are green, requiring only one gallon of water to power a 20-minute steam bath compared to regular showers, which can use 30-gallons of water during the same time frame.
Contemporary to Distressed to Traditional Bathrooms, the choice is yours
Explore gorgeous dream bathroom options in the photos below.
This contemporary style bathroom with sleek cabinets and plenty of storage may be perfect for your lifestyle.
The look of custom at the cost of semi-custom
Homecrest Cabinetry is our value leader, offering 13 doorstyles, 3 wood species plus thermofoil/ melamine, and a selection of finishes and glazes that together create over 300 style and finish combinations. Also available: select modifications to customize your look without the cost of custom cabinets.
Another amazing free standing tub just waiting for that long soak after a day of skiing in the Colorado Rockies.
If any of these beautiful bathroom designs are just right for you, or you have something else in mind give us a call at the showroom closest to you, our expert designers can help you make these dreams a reality for you.
Denver CO Showroom
2324 S. Colorado Blvd. Denver, CO 80222 Phone: (303) 300-4400 Denver Fax: (303) 300-4404
Castle Rock CO Showroom
1375 Caprice Drive, Castle Rock, CO 80109 Phone: (303) 688-8279 Fax: (303) 688-8302