Making sure your remodel will help when you decide to sell your home can make the process less nerve wracking. USA Today reported the top 11 things that home buyers are willing to pay more money for.
JM Kitchen & Bath can help you with the most desired home remodeling projects
Many of the features homeowners desire involve the kitchen. They include stainless steel appliances and a kitchen island. The kitchen is a major focal point for home buyers, said Errol Samuelson, president of Realtor.com.
“People, in general, have shown more interest in having big and beautiful kitchens, and the kitchen is acting as an informal gathering place,” Samuelson said in an interview with 24/7 Wall St. “We have gone from the ’70s where it was about Hamburger Helper … and now we’ve got the Food Network where people are more interested in exploring cooking.”
- Eat-in Kitchen – Young families particularly want an all-purpose kitchen some even opting for adding TV’s to the space and many want it to open into the family room. Percentage of home buyers willing to pay more: 40%, Amount willing to pay extra: $1,770.
- Stainless Steel Appliances – Most people in the 35-54 age range just find Stainless Steel more attractive according to the statistics. Percentage of buyers willing to pay more: 41%, Amount willing to pay extra: $1,850.
- Ensuite Master Bath – Homebuyers 35 and older want their bathroom area more “homey” even opting for televisions to be installed and demanding walk-in closets off the area. Percentage of home buyers willing to pay more: 49%, Amount willing to pay extra: $2,030.
- Kitchen Island – Most new house hunters want a kitchen island, they feel it’s more organized and makes a nice space for not only serving their family but when they are entertaining. The percentage of home buyers willing to pay more: 48%, Amount willing to pay extra: $1,370.
- Granite Countertops – The experts say this is purely a style issue. People want beautiful kitchens and granite is still maintaining its popularity. Percentage of home buyers willing to pay more: 55%, Amount willing to pay extra: $1,620.
- New Kitchen Appliances – Those moving into a new home don’t want to deal with repairing or replacing these after they move in. Percentage of buyers willing to pay more: 69%, Amount willing to pay extra: $1,840.
Source: USA Today