Laundry rooms are often treated as the poor stepchild of the home. It’s a place that sees lots of traffic and activity. Shouldn’t it be as nice as every other room in your home? We think so. That’s why we have team members in our showroom who specialize in laundry room design using the same skill sets, quality of materials and budget guidelines that we use to design kitchens and baths. If you decide to renovate your laundry room and your kitchen and/or bath at the same time, you can achieve cost savings on tiling, painting, electrical, plumbing and carpentry labor. Specialized trades can perform their tasks with one trip.
- Are you going to update the space as is, or are you going to expand the laundry room into other parts of the home?
- Determine how you want the laundry room to function. Think about how you can maximize the space. Perhaps you can create an in-home fitness center, home office or a more organized and attractive area to store cleaning supplies, pet food, vacuums and other appliances.
- Factor your laundry habits. How often do you wash and dry clothes? Where do you fold clothes? That will dictate the amount of counter space you may want or need. Do you need a hanging rod? If so, where’s the best place for it? Maybe it would be most effective if every member of your family had their own laundry basket. Do you iron?
- Appliance selection will determine the best use of space. Do you want side-by-side, front loading, top loading or a stacked washer and dryer? Each configuration will provide different options for optimizing the space.
- Appliance color choice can also set the tone for the room and create an aura every time you enter.
- What features would you like to enhance the space and make it special? Several of the most common features that we often recommend are:
- Stone or engineered stone countertop
- Deep utility sink for soaking hand-washed items and washing smaller pets
- TV and/or stereo system
- Wine refrigerator
- Pet washing station
- Rolling laundry carts
- Fold-down ironing board
- Storage cabinets
- Drying racks and rods
Working with a showroom professional can help take drab space and turn it into a showplace without requiring a large budget. Isn’t it time you stopped treating your laundry room as a poor stepchild? Give our showroom a call to obtain additional ideas on how you can give your laundry room a facelift.
This remodeled laundry room uses the same cabinets that the new kitchen contains so the same color scheme continues throughout the home.
This is a view of the matching cabinets in the kitchen of this home.
Let our designers turn your mud room, laundry room or craft room in to an organizational dream with your favorite style of cabinets.
Shaker, Modern, Rustic or Traditional… at JM Kitchen & Bath we work to make every room of your house match your families style and personality.
We would love to make your dream kitchen a reality and serve all of the Colorado front range and beyond. Give us a call or fill out our contact form today!